This week's project on a Tuesday afternoon was a wall hanging designed by Hels Sheridan from the Creative Expressions Project Book. This is my version of it
When I first looked at the book I studied it for quite a while as this is something I hadn't done before and I couldn't think of a colour scheme or theme for the quote.
Once I had picked the colour scheme, things started to become easier. Thank you to Tracey, Anita, Margaret and Beryl for use of papers, dies and embellishments.
We used mountboard cut to various sizes and covered them
with papers and inked the edges
The butterfly was stamped using Papillon Potpourri stamp set in White Stazon onto acetate and punched using the elegant butterfly and new bitty butterfly and a safety pin to fasten the two together. The sentiment was stamped in pool party from the Affection Collection and the words were printed from the computer
6 flowers were punched from the Blossom Punch spritzed with water and scrunched up and fastened with a brad to create the flower. A cream acrylic rose button was inserted in the middle. I then spritzed the flower with some shimmer spray
Supplies Used: All Stampin Up unless stated otherwise
- Stamps - Affection Collection, Papillon Potpourri,
- Card - Very Vanilla, Acetate, mountboard
- Papers - Melissa Frances
- Tools - Sizzlits little leaves, Blossom Punch, Elegant butterfly, Bitty butterfly, Crop-A-dile
- Medium - Pool Party, White Stazon, Fashionable Hearts sizzlits, Glimmer mist
- Embellishments - Chain, wooden heart, small glass bottle, key charms, flowers, birdcage charm,cream acrylic rose - Either own supply or given by friends. Pearls, antique brads, victoria crochet trim